Psychotherapy, Multi Modal Psychoanalysis, Hypnoanalysis, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness & Counselling. Edinburgh and Falkirk
The Therapy is provided by Stuart, a very highly qualified specialist practitioner, with support from Denise, a well qualified practitioner.
We are still operational, providing sessions virtually online
Why should you choose Stuart?
Although there are a great number of good therapists in the area, Stuart is a specialist in Trauma, Anxiety, Anger and Depression.
Trying to find an area or topic? Start with the “specialist areas” and “quick links” sections below on this page!
Ours is a holistic and customised service, but built around evidence based methods and hard science.
Please note that there is some media publicity about improperly qualified therapists in the News Media at present. We are dedicated to appropriate qualification, accreditation, registration and voluntary regulation, and this is detailed HERE (for qualifications) and HERE (for registrations)
Currently because of COVID-19 all of our sessions are virtual
Enter the waiting room (by appointment) HERE
Specialist areas include conditions called:
- Complex PTSD, Forms of personal Trauma, Child trauma, Disassociative disorders, Adverse Child Trauma, Adolescent Trauma, Domestic Violence Trauma, etc
(no offence if yours is not specified)
- Complex relationship issues
- Anger Management
- Long term Depression
- Anxiety (includes Panic attacks, phobias, anxiety disorders, general anxiety, OCD, and comorbid anxiety & Depression)
- Attachment / relationship issues
- Eating and Mood Disorders
If you have any other issue, please do feel free email me, because I may very occasionally have a slot appear.
Sports Hypnosis– Martial Arts enquiries: I will always try to fit you in! But this is a personal interest around the clinical needs of others.
Specialist areas include:
- PTSD and complex PTSD including post abuse (sexual, CSA, incest, psychological, disassociation, NEAD, physical, domestic, discrimination including LGBT* / Kink related)
- Stress & anger management counselling and training
- Personal development psychoanalysis
- Anxiety (includes anxiety disorders, panic attacks, phobias, OCD). Stuart is a CCATP Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional.
- Managing clinical mental health conditions with NICE recommended core therapies combined with other recognised psychological therapies, including long term depression and anxiety. (Stuart is post qualification competency trained in long term depression treatment with CBASP)
Quick Links for Psychotherapy in Edinburgh!
Weekend clinics at the Life Academy (EH10 4DW)
Fridays at the Salisbury Centre, Newington area (EH16 5AB)
- For Psychoanalysis, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural, systems, linguistic, hypnoanalysis and mindfulness based: click HERE
- For Hypnoanalysis aka analytical hypnotherapy (specialised psychoanalysis using conversational and trance hypnosis) HERE
- For Philosophical Analysis, psychoanalysis using concepts from a range of philosophies, click HERE
- For Mindfulness, MBCT, MBSR, Mindfulness tuition, mindful analysis and other variations: Click HERE
- For Humanistic Psychotherapy and counselling, Click HERE
- For Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and variations of CBT: Click HERE
- For Counselling, including short term, non clinical, grief and integrative click HERE
- For Couples Counselling, Mainly psychoanalytic and communication based Click HERE
- For Hypnotherapy, including cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, Ericksonian and Hypno-analysis, click HERE
- For Seated Massage and Acupressure, Click HERE
Main Conditions and topics
- For Trauma (PTSD) and Complex Trauma (Complex PTSD) click HERE
- For Stress management consultancy or Anger management select STRESS or ANGER
- For attachment and relationship issues select attachment HERE
- For anxiety management and treatment, including panic attacks, OCD, anxiety disorders and phobias
- For LGBT* and BDSM also KINK, Non binary and similar, click HERE
- For Non Neuro Typical such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, Autism, Aspergers, Dyscalculia, and all variations and labels! click HERE
- For all other issues, conditions and styles, please explore the menu options at the top of each page!
- I (Stuart) also have my own practice page (this one is a partnership site) at www.morgan-ayrs.co.uk
Who are the therapists?
Stuart is the full time practitioner, seeing clients in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Falkirk. Denise is part time and in support (restricted availability by disability). Both therapists are fully insured, qualified and professionally registered and are listed on Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers. PSA ARs are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation. Denise primarily has a support role due to personal health issues.
Our challenge: Operating a holistic and customised service, combining eastern and western philosophical learning, while basing our approach around research evidenced methods.
Names: Stuart and Denise Morgan-Ayrs.
Clinic Locations listed on this site, not mailing addresses.
Status: Sole Practitioner Partnership, HMRC registered.
Each therapist has a different skills blend of therapies and background. Both however are accredited psychotherapists and both have also worked in mental health support roles.
We are specialists in combining Eastern & Western Psychologies, Philosophies and Processes, and building them around
evidenced based practice.
As a therapist I (Stuart) have been through personal trauma myself and have personal as well as professional interest in a number of the specialities I work in. I am multi modal in nature, meaning I have graduate or post graduate training in a number of different models of therapy that can be used separately or in an integrated manner. I started my training as a specialist stress management consultant, and I am especially dedicated to western psychodynamic methods combined with eastern humanistic methods. I believe in using honesty with my clients (Disciplined Personal Involvement) while maintaining a safe environment, balancing analytic challenge, with unconditional positive regard. The goal is to be holistic and kind but clinically effective. I aim to help the client better manage the surface symptom / condition (such as stress / anxiety / depression) while addressing the deeper developmental causes in an analytic and holistic way. I qualified as a stress management consultant, analyst, clinical hypnotist and stress counsellor in 1996 after 3 years of intensive training and assessment on over 1,000 hours of practice, then completed clinical counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy accreditation with the NACHP over several additional years.
- Stress Management Consultant (ASM/IHP/NVQ) Graduate level
- Analyst (IHP) Psychodynamic, Cognitive behavioural, mindful, SSADM, systems, linguistic, philosophical, hypnosis based / Analytical Hypnotherapy. Graduate level
- Psychotherapist, Psychoanalyst, Counsellor, Hypnotherapist (NACHP) Post Graduate
- Psycho-education and Coaching (NVQ) Graduate level
- Hypnotherapist (NCP, NACHP) Graduate level, & Post graduate
Hypno-analysis / Analytical Hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural, sports, performance, Ericksonian.
- Mindfulness Practitioner (FHT). MBSR, MBCT, Analytic, Holistic
- Trauma. Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. CCTP Intensive Training Certification.
- Anxiety. Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional. CCATP intensive training certification.
- Long term depression. Competency certified in Cognitive Analysis Behavioural System of Psychotherapy (CBASP) for long term depression.
Our ethos in regard to style and medical labels, click HERE
Unless specifically stated otherwise, therapy work is provided under the primary ethical code and accreditation of the NACHP for both therapists.
We have terminated any relationship with UKAHPP as of end January 2020, and are phasing out advertising in the “counselling directory”, since neither reflects our CPTSD and clinical specialisms.
How to use this site
Please take your time to read through the sections that you feel may apply to you. You do not have to choose a therapy or a label, the information is there as a resource only. If you decide that maybe we can help you, drop us an email and ask any questions you may have. We will send you a free no obligation set of information files covering pretty much every question you are likely to have generally. You can ask any personal or specific questions in advance by email in confidence and without charge. We do not however discuss matters over the phone, only by email.
If you decide to proceed, you can then book in by email. Once you decide to proceed with therapy (after our assessment), you will be provided with a regular slot weekly or fortnightly for which you will be responsible.
Please note: WE DO NOT DO “QUICK FIX” work. We only engage in clinically appropriate therapy provision based around NICE / Research evidence based protocols. If you request a therapy method that is not clinically appropriate and this is identified at the assessment, we will suggest a suitable alternative and give you a “cooling off” period to consider your options.
How to book in
- Have a look through this website. You can also view Stuart’s individual business site HERE
- Email for our free no obligation information files and screening form
- If you wish to proceed, email to book in, returning the screening form (this enables us to help ensure our service is right for you). You will then be sent the assessment forms to complete ahead of the assessment session, saving you time on the day.
- Attend an assessment session, where a case history will be taken and treatment options discussed. This session needs to be paid for in advance when booked. (Normally sessions are paid on the day or within 48 hours afterwards by BACS / Paypal.)
- If you wish to continue with treatment, and if the assessment indicates the practitioner is right for you, you can continue in therapy with that practitioner.
- If you choose to continue, regular weekly or fortnightly attendance is required, you will be expected to honour your session fee whether or not you attend, and a cancellation policy applies for holidays and ending therapy.
To go ahead and ask for an information pack, EMAIL HERE
Not within reach of our bases in Edinburgh and Falkirk?
We also offer skype sessions and these can be supported by our Stress Management Work Book available from Amazon in kindle or hard copy HERE
Psychotherapist, counsellor, psychoanalyst, mindfulness, hypnotherapist, hypnoanalysis, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, Analytical Hypnotherapy, counselling, psychoanalysis, philosophy, Edinburgh, MBCT, CBT, CBASP, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural analysis, life coaching, NLP, hypnosis, psychotherapy for depression, psychotherapy for anxiety, psychotherapy for OCD, psychotherapy for mood disorders, psychotherapy for eating disorders, psychotherapy for bipolar disorder, attachment therapy, parts psychology, somatic therapy, Stress, anger management, anxiety disorder, Central Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Midlothian, Scotland, mental health, mindfulness for depression, mindfulness for stress, MBSR, hypnotherapy for IBS, skype counselling, skype supervision, skype therapy, MBCT, MBSR, CBASP, CBT, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, mindfulness therapy, Edinburgh.
Contact via the contact us page HERE
Common Search terms
anxiety, addictions, quit smoking, phobias, fear of flying, weight loss, panic attacks, gastric band hypnotherapy, alcohol abuse, food addiction, gambling addiction, depression, drug abuse, sleep disorders, insomnia, eating disorders, sexual issues, pain management, irritable bowel syndrome, low self-confidence, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), sex addiction, relationship issues, sports performance, obsessions and compulsions, low self-esteem, stress, exam stress, blushing, tinnitus, childbirth, anger management, relaxation, chronic fatigue syndrome, bruxism (teeth grinding), public speaking, stuttering, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, depression, panic disorder, phobias, feeling sad, family issues, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, seasonal affective disorder (sad), bipolar disorder, postnatal depression, addiction(s), abuse, bereavement, low self-esteem, child related issues, personality disorders, alcoholism, low self-confidence, stress, anger management, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, depression and anxiety in children, sex addiction, eating disorders, drug abuse, borderline personality disorder, gambling, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), binge-eating disorder, sex problems, behaviour problems, trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd), hoarding, suicidal thoughts, smoking, internet addiction, work-related stress, separation anxiety, loneliness, childhood bullying, attachment disorder in children, domestic violence, childhood bereavement, anorexia nervosa, children’s learning difficulties, narcissistic personality disorder, bulimia nervosa, asperger’s syndrome, self-harm, gender dysphoria, physical abuse, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, avoidant personality disorder, sexuality, career, autism, adhd, dependent personality disorder, dissociation, paranoid personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, attachment disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, passive aggressive behaviour, infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome/me, paranoia, miscarriage, carer support, young carers, abortion, cancer counselling, disabilities, spirituality, bullying, adoption, pregnancy and birth,mlearning difficulties, hearing voices, dementia, redundancy, psychosis, discrimination, mental health, schizophrenia, tourette’s syndrome, hiv/aids counselling, supervisor, supervision, cbt, supervisors, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Falkirk, Scotland. Psychotherapy psychoanalysis counselling central Edinburgh. Certified Clinical Mental Health Trauma Professional
For all your psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hypnotherapy, CBT, hypnoanalysis, stress, anger and mindfulness needs in Edinburgh. Contact a Psychotherapist, Psychoanalyst or Counsellor in Edinburgh today!