Welcome to Scotlandtherapy, Psychotherapy & Psychoanalysis
This website contains what we hope are informative and useful pages of information on different types of therapy, different conditions those therapies can help with, and the ways certain conditions may present.
Our Ethos in Psychotherapy
We believe in two main themes in our provision
- We base all treatment around NICE recommended and/or Research evidenced approaches. These include cognitive behavioural therapy and analysis methods, Mindfulness based methods, short term psychodynamic methods and psychoeducation.
- We believe that although the core of each treatment must be clinically effective, each individual is different and there is scope for customised and integrated multi-modal support according to the needs of each patient or couple.
Who are the therapists?
Stuart is the full time practitioner, seeing clients in Edinburgh and Falkirk. Denise is part time and in support. Both therapists are fully insured, qualified and professionally registered and are listed on two Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers. PSA ARs are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation.
Each therapist has a different skills blend of therapies and background. Both however are accredited psychotherapists and both have also worked in mental health support roles.
How to use this site
Please take your time to read through the sections that you feel may apply to you. You do not have to choose a therapy or a label, the information is there as a resource only. If you decide that maybe we can help you, drop us an email and ask any questions you may have. We will send you a free no obligation set of information files covering pretty much every question you are likely to have generally. You can ask any personal or specific questions in advance by email in confidence and without charge. We do not however discuss matters over the phone, only by email.
If you decide to proceed, you can then book in by email.
How to book in
- Have a look through this website
- Email for our free no obligation information files
- If you wish to proceed email to book in
- Attend an assessment session where a case history will be taken and treatment options discussed.
- If you wish to continue with treatment, and if the assessment indicates the practitioner is right for you, you can continue in therapy with that practitioner.
To go ahead and ask for an information pack, EMAIL HERE
Psychotherapist, counsellor, psychoanalyst, mindfulness, hypnotherapist, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling, psychoanalysis, MBCT, CBT, CBASP, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural analysis, life coaching, NLP, hypnosis, psychotherapy for depression, psychotherapy for anxiety, psychotherapy for OCD, psychotherapy for mood disorders, psychotherapy for eating disorders, psychotherapy for bipolar disorder, Stress, anger management, anxiety disorder, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Midlothian, Scotland, mental health, mindfulness for depression, mindfulness for stress, MBSR, hypnotherapy for IBS