Welcome to Scotlandtherapy, Psychotherapy & Psychoanalysis
This website contains what we hope are informative and useful pages of information on different types of therapy, different conditions those therapies can help with, and the ways certain conditions may present.
Our Ethos in Psychotherapy
We believe in three main themes in our provision
- We base all treatment around NICE recommended and/or Research evidenced approaches. These include cognitive behavioural therapy and analysis methods, Mindfulness based methods, short term psychodynamic methods and psychoeducation.This does NOT mean we agree with all of NICE’s recommendations. Quite the opposite in fact. NICE provide recommendations for treating “mental illnesses” rather than providing therapy to complex human beings. This causes a gross over simplification and “manual based” approach in their recommendations which is artificial and does not match real life requirements. However we do use the recommended “tools” for the recommended “conditions” as part of a more holistic “real psychotherapy” integrative approach.
- We believe that although the core of each treatment must be clinically effective, each individual is different and there is scope for customised and integrated multi-modal support according to the needs of each patient or couple. Thus we apply integrative humanistic and psychodynamic approaches for the individual or couple, while employing core tools where appropriate.
- We reject the imposition of socially constructed “norms” and are actively supporting of “critical psychotherapy”. What this means in practice is we respect the individual person’s right to their own valid perspective, we reject current political ideology about the key therapy objective being “person in work”, and we actively work with a range of groups including LGBTQI* with a range of beliefs, gender identities and relationship types. We also reject the concept of the “individual” who is capable of constructing a “happy well-being” no matter their life experience and situation, and we seek to consider social psychology and environment in practical and supportive ways.
Who are the therapists?
Stuart is the full time practitioner, seeing clients in Edinburgh and Falkirk. Denise is part time and in support. Both therapists are fully insured, qualified and professionally registered and are listed on two Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers. PSA ARs are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation.
Each therapist has a different skills blend of therapies and background. Both however are accredited psychotherapists and both have also worked in mental health support roles.
How to use this site
Please take your time to read through the sections that you feel may apply to you. You do not have to choose a therapy or a label, the information is there as a resource only. If you decide that maybe we can help you, drop us an email and ask any questions you may have. We will send you a free no obligation set of information files covering pretty much every question you are likely to have generally. You can ask any personal or specific questions in advance by email in confidence and without charge. We do not however discuss matters over the phone, only by email.
If you decide to proceed, you can then book in by email.
How to book in
- Have a look through this website
- Email for our free no obligation information files
- If you wish to proceed email to book in
- Attend an assessment session where a case history will be taken and treatment options discussed.
- If you wish to continue with treatment, and if the assessment indicates the practitioner is right for you, you can continue in therapy with that practitioner.
To go ahead and ask for an information pack, EMAIL HERE
Psychotherapist, counsellor, psychoanalyst, mindfulness, hypnotherapist, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling, psychoanalysis, MBCT, CBT, CBASP, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural analysis, life coaching, NLP, hypnosis, psychotherapy for depression, psychotherapy for anxiety, psychotherapy for OCD, psychotherapy for mood disorders, psychotherapy for eating disorders, psychotherapy for bipolar disorder, Stress, anger management, anxiety disorder, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Midlothian, Scotland, mental health, mindfulness for depression, mindfulness for stress, MBSR, hypnotherapy for IBS