Psychotherapy, Multi Modal Psychoanalysis, Hypnoanalysis, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness & Counselling. Edinburgh and Falkirk
The Therapy is provided by Stuart, a very highly qualified specialist practitioner, with support from Denise, a well qualified practitioner.
We are still operational, providing sessions virtually online
Why should you choose Stuart?
Although there are a great number of good therapists in the area, Stuart is a specialist in Trauma, Anxiety, Anger and Depression.
Trying to find an area or topic? Start with the “specialist areas” and “quick links” sections below on this page!
Ours is a holistic and customised service, but built around evidence based methods and hard science.
Currently because of COVID-19 all of our sessions are virtual
Enter the waiting room (by appointment) HERE
Specialist areas include conditions called:
- Complex PTSD, Forms of personal Trauma, Child trauma, Disassociative disorders, Adverse Child Trauma, Adolescent Trauma, Domestic Violence Trauma, etc
(no offence if yours is not specified)
- Complex relationship issues
- Anger Management
- Long term Depression
- Anxiety (includes Panic attacks, phobias, anxiety disorders, general anxiety, OCD, and comorbid anxiety & Depression)
- Attachment / relationship issues
- Eating and Mood Disorders
If you have any other issue, please do feel free email me, sometimes I have space for non speciality work.
Sports Hypnosis– Martial Arts enquiries: I will always try to fit you in! But this is a personal interest around the clinical needs of others.
Specialist areas include:
- PTSD and complex PTSD including post abuse (sexual, CSA, incest, psychological, disassociation, NEAD, physical, neglect, domestic, discrimination including LGBT* / Kink related)
- Stress & anger management counselling and training
- Personal development psychoanalysis
- Anxiety (includes anxiety disorders, panic attacks, phobias, OCD). Stuart is a CCATP Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional.
- Managing clinical mental health conditions with NICE recommended core therapies combined with other recognised psychological therapies, including long term depression and anxiety. (Stuart is post qualification competency trained in long term depression treatment with CBASP), and has successfully completed Certified Depression & Mood Disorder Treatment Professional (CDMDTP) training.
What areas do you NOT work on?
It is extremely important to acknowledge limitations. I am not a therapist who specialises in: Children, Non-binary issues, gender confusion, BAME – Black issues. I do work with most LGBT issues and I work with Middle Eastern, Jewish, Indian sub continent and many other ethnicities, but I do not have specific competence in working with persons of African descent / Black issues. I would rather honestly indicate in advance that these are not areas of competence for me. I am also not a “vegan” therapist. If you contact me with issues outside my competence I will refer you to either another practitioner, or back to Primary NHS Services.
Quick Links for Psychotherapy in Edinburgh!
Normally: Weekend clinics at the Life Academy (EH10 4DW)
Fridays at the Salisbury Centre, Newington area (EH16 5AB)
Obviously at the moment during lockdown sessions are instead online.
- For Psychoanalysis, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural, systems, linguistic, hypnoanalysis and mindfulness based: click HERE
- For Hypnoanalysis aka analytical hypnotherapy (specialised psychoanalysis using conversational and trance hypnosis) HERE
- For Philosophical Analysis, psychoanalysis using concepts from a range of philosophies, click HERE
- For Mindfulness, MBCT, MBSR, Mindfulness tuition, mindful analysis and other variations: Click HERE
- For Humanistic Psychotherapy and counselling, Click HERE
- For Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and variations of CBT: Click HERE
- For Counselling, including short term, non clinical, grief and integrative click HERE
- For Couples Counselling, Mainly psychoanalytic and communication based Click HERE
- For Hypnotherapy, including cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, Ericksonian and Hypno-analysis, click HERE
- For Seated Massage and Acupressure, Click HERE
Main Conditions and topics
- For Trauma (PTSD) and Complex Trauma (Complex PTSD) (Stuart is a Certified Trauma Specialist, and is also certified in the use of Hypnosis, Neuroscience and mind/body approaches in Trauma treatment) click HERE
- For Stress management consultancy or Anger management (Stuart has specialist training in stress / anger management) select STRESS or ANGER
- For attachment and relationship issues select attachment HERE
- For anxiety management and treatment, including panic attacks, OCD, anxiety disorders and phobias (Stuart is a certified Anxiety Specialist)
- For depression and long term depression (Stuart is a certified Depression and Mood disorder (CDMDTP) including bipolar specialist)
- For LGBT* and BDSM also KINK, Non binary and similar, click HERE
- For Non Neuro Typical such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, Autism, ADHD (adults), Aspergers, Dyscalculia, and all variations and labels! Stuart is a Certified Clinical Professional with Attention Disorders (ADHD-CCSP) click HERE
- For all other issues, conditions and styles, please explore the menu options at the top of each page!
- I (Stuart) also have my own practice page (this one is a partnership site) at www.morgan-ayrs.co.uk
Who are the therapists?
Stuart is a full time practitioner, seeing clients in Edinburgh, Online and Falkirk. Denise is part time and in support (restricted availability by disability). Both therapists are fully insured, qualified and professionally registered and are listed on Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers. PSA ARs are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation. Denise primarily has a support role due to personal health issues.
Our challenge: Operating a holistic and customised service, combining eastern and western philosophical learning, while basing our approach around research evidenced methods.
Names: Stuart and Denise Morgan-Ayrs.
Clinic Locations listed on this site, not mailing addresses.
Status: Sole Practitioner Partnership, HMRC registered, ICO Registered.
Each therapist has a different skills blend of therapies and background. Both however are accredited psychotherapists and both have also worked in mental health support roles.
We are specialists in combining Eastern & Western Psychologies, Philosophies and Processes, and building them around
evidenced based practice.
As a therapist I (Stuart) have been through personal trauma myself and have personal as well as professional interest in a number of the specialities I work in. I am multi modal in nature, meaning I have graduate or post graduate training in a number of different models of therapy that can be used separately or in an integrated manner. I started my training as a specialist stress management consultant, and I am especially dedicated to western psychodynamic methods combined with eastern humanistic methods. I believe in using honesty with my clients (Disciplined Personal Involvement) while maintaining a safe environment, balancing analytic challenge, with unconditional positive regard. The goal is to be holistic and kind but clinically effective. I aim to help the client better manage the surface symptom / condition (such as stress / anxiety / depression) while addressing the deeper developmental causes in an analytic and holistic way. I qualified as a stress management consultant, analyst, clinical hypnotist and stress counsellor in 1996 after 3 years of intensive training and assessment on over 1,000 hours of practice, then completed clinical counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy accreditation with the NACHP over several additional years.
- Stress Management Consultant (ASM/IHP/NVQ) Graduate level
- Analyst (IHP) Psychodynamic, Cognitive behavioural, mindful, SSADM, systems, linguistic, philosophical, hypnosis based / Analytical Hypnotherapy. Graduate level
- Psychotherapist, Psychoanalyst, Counsellor, Hypnotherapist (NACHP) Post Graduate
- Psycho-education and Coaching (NVQ) Graduate level
- Hypnotherapist (NCP, NACHP) Graduate level, & Post graduate
Hypno-analysis / Analytical Hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural, sports, performance, Ericksonian.
- Mindfulness Practitioner (FHT). MBSR, MBCT, Analytic, Holistic. Certified competent in ACT Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. CPD trained in a range of models and methods of using mindfulness in clinical Practice.
- Trauma. Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. CCTP Intensive Training Certification. Also certified in the use of Hypnosis, Neuroscience and mind/body approaches in Trauma treatment
- Anxiety. Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional. CCATP intensive training certification.
- Long term depression. Competency certified in Cognitive Analysis Behavioural System of Psychotherapy (CBASP) for long term depression. Certified Depression & Mood Disorder Treatment Professional (CDMDTP)
Our ethos in regard to style and medical labels, click HERE
Unless specifically stated otherwise, therapy work is provided under the primary ethical code and accreditation of the NACHP for both therapists.
We have terminated any relationship with UKAHPP as of end January 2020, and are phasing out advertising in the “counselling directory”, since neither reflects our CPTSD and clinical specialisms.
Please note: WE DO NOT DO “QUICK FIX” work. We only engage in clinically appropriate therapy provision based around NICE / Research evidence based protocols. If you request a therapy method that is not clinically appropriate and this is identified at the assessment, we will suggest a suitable alternative and give you a “cooling off” period to consider your options.
How to book in
- Have a look through this website. Browse sections on conditions that are relevant to you. You can also view Stuart’s individual business site HERE
- Email for our free no obligation information files which will give you up top date availability, service, location and cost details.
- If you wish to proceed, complete the online assessment form that we will send you a link for, and make sure you have read the associated webpages on cancellation, what to expect, and terms and conditions. You can go ahead and do that now if you wish.
- Attend an assessment session, where a case history will be taken and appropriate treatment options discussed. This session needs to be paid for in advance when booked. (Normally sessions are paid on the day or within 48 hours afterwards by BACS / Paypal.) We will not provide inappropriate therapy methods.
- If you wish to continue with treatment, and if the assessment indicates Stuart is right for you, you can continue in therapy with Stuart.
- If you choose to continue, regular weekly or fortnightly attendance is required, you will be expected to honour your session fee whether or not you attend, and a cancellation policy applies for holidays and ending therapy.
To go ahead and ask for an information pack, EMAIL HERE
Not within reach of our bases in Edinburgh and Falkirk?
We also offer online sessions and these can be supported by our Stress Management Work Book available from Amazon in kindle or hard copy HERE
Psychotherapist, counsellor, psychoanalyst, mindfulness, hypnotherapist, hypnoanalysis, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, Analytical Hypnotherapy, counselling, psychoanalysis, philosophy, Edinburgh, MBCT, CBT, CBASP, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural analysis, life coaching, NLP, hypnosis, psychotherapy for depression, psychotherapy for anxiety, psychotherapy for OCD, psychotherapy for mood disorders, psychotherapy for eating disorders, psychotherapy for bipolar disorder, attachment therapy, parts psychology, somatic therapy, Stress, anger management, anxiety disorder, Central Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Midlothian, Scotland, mental health, mindfulness for depression, mindfulness for stress, MBSR, hypnotherapy for IBS, skype counselling, skype supervision, skype therapy, MBCT, MBSR, CBASP, CBT, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, mindfulness therapy, Edinburgh.
Contact via the contact us page HERE
Common Search terms
anxiety, addictions, quit smoking, phobias, fear of flying, weight loss, panic attacks, gastric band hypnotherapy, alcohol abuse, food addiction, gambling addiction, depression, drug abuse, sleep disorders, insomnia, eating disorders, sexual issues, pain management, irritable bowel syndrome, low self-confidence, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), sex addiction, relationship issues, sports performance, obsessions and compulsions, low self-esteem, stress, exam stress, blushing, tinnitus, childbirth, anger management, relaxation, chronic fatigue syndrome, bruxism (teeth grinding), public speaking, stuttering, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, depression, panic disorder, phobias, feeling sad, family issues, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, seasonal affective disorder (sad), bipolar disorder, postnatal depression, addiction(s), abuse, bereavement, low self-esteem, child related issues, personality disorders, alcoholism, low self-confidence, stress, anger management, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, depression and anxiety in children, sex addiction, eating disorders, drug abuse, borderline personality disorder, gambling, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), binge-eating disorder, sex problems, behaviour problems, trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd), hoarding, suicidal thoughts, smoking, internet addiction, work-related stress, separation anxiety, loneliness, childhood bullying, attachment disorder in children, domestic violence, childhood bereavement, anorexia nervosa, children’s learning difficulties, narcissistic personality disorder, bulimia nervosa, asperger’s syndrome, self-harm, gender dysphoria, physical abuse, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, avoidant personality disorder, sexuality, career, autism, adhd, dependent personality disorder, dissociation, paranoid personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, attachment disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, passive aggressive behaviour, infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome/me, paranoia, miscarriage, carer support, young carers, abortion, cancer counselling, disabilities, spirituality, bullying, adoption, pregnancy and birth,mlearning difficulties, hearing voices, dementia, redundancy, psychosis, discrimination, mental health, schizophrenia, tourette’s syndrome, hiv/aids counselling, supervisor, supervision, cbt, supervisors, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Falkirk, Scotland. Psychotherapy psychoanalysis counselling central Edinburgh. Certified Clinical Mental Health Trauma Professional, Trauma Specialist, Trauma Counsellor, Trauma Psychotherapist, CPTSD, PTSD, Grief, loss, Specialist trauma therapy.
For all your psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hypnotherapy, CBT, hypnoanalysis, stress, anger and mindfulness needs in Edinburgh. Contact a Psychotherapist, Psychoanalyst or Counsellor in Edinburgh today.
Choose a Certified Trauma Specialist Psychotherapist for PTSD, complex Trauma, CPTSD, trauma counselling in Edinburgh!